Our client is a dynamic, no-nonsense organization which develops real estate all over Europe. The company acts both as developer as well as long term investor. They are located in a modern and vibrant office in the Amsterdam area.
For this growing, young and dynamic organization we are looking for a Financial Controller, who is able to manage and coach the finance team existing of 4 people. The ideal candidate has gained experience within the accounting (audit) as well as the corporate finance field. In this role you will report directly to the Finance Manager.
- Managing, controlling and defining the daily work of a team of 4 accountants.
- Coordinating activities of third-party accounting companies which keep the books of our foreign legal entities;
- Financial matters relating to our operators;
- Keeping all (financial) procedures and finance structures up to date to accommodate for an efficient process and full compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Support data analysis, prepare ad-hoc reports for managers and support in business control topics;
- Perform the 4-monthly closing procedures of our books, prepare consolidated figures of our Group and produce the draft Board report;
- Be responsible for timely and accurate reporting to our parent company;
- Monitor the reporting by foreign entities and ensure that they comply with local law and regulations;
- Prepare figures needed for fiscal tax returns and monitor compliance with fiscal deadlines;
- Keep up to date our knowledge on international tax rules and impact of any changes on our (financial) process.
- Degree in (business) economics and/or accounting;
- Accounting/auditing background is an advantage
- No less than 5 years working experience;
- Fluent English required. Dutch advanced, any other language (German, Italian, French, Lithuanian, Swedish, Norwegian) would be considered a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Office package;
- Experience with ERP accounting software;
- Flexible mindset, ability to work in a non-standardized environment;
- Organize own activities and those of the ones in the team;
- Ability to independently set priorities, planning and deadlines;
- Good communication skills;
- Critical attitude and independent mind, “looking for the issues”, challenging views and opinions in a positive and constructive way;
- Proactive team player;
- Willingness to travel when required.
- Salary (yearly) indication €70.000 - €75.000 (to be defined according to the experience)
- 1 year contract
- Full time, 30 holiday days, good pension plan, commuting allowance, phone and a lunch allowance of €50 per month
+31(0)6 46 83 9 701