Are you an enthusiastic auditor who works with integrity, discipline and objectivity? Do you like to work in a dynamic, international team? Then this might be a role for you!
Our client is a leading, innovative multinational with more than 39,000 employees in 44 countries. The client is specialized in the development, production, distribution, marketing and sales of products and services in a variety of industries.
The Auditing Department is located at its European Headquarters in Hoofddorp, The Netherlands. A dedicated team supports to four different businesses consisting of more than 40 entities and branches in Europe, The Middle East, and Africa.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform professional, full cycle internal audits at various EMEA locations, including Headquarters, regional entities and factories, based on the clients philosophy and ethics as well as internal auditors' ethics code (IIA).
- Perform audit procedures, collecting data, reviewing and analysing audit evidence and evaluating risk areas of audited entities, based on facts and rational thinking.
- Pursue root causes of deficiencies and issues found during the audit, and recommend countermeasures.
- Understand the internal auditing framework and implement auditing procedures based on the framework.
- Has a knowledge of accounting, IT control and group rules necessary for internal audit, audits based on them.
- Has a knowledge of J-SOX self-evaluation procedures and the audit framework based on J-SOX standards, and can perform J-SOX audit accordingly.
- Has an understanding of the various types of fraud and can find risks and signs of fraud during audits and pre-audit data analysis.
- Execute the audit at the set quality level.
- Document audit findings and recommendations for improvement.
- Communicate the results of audits via written reports and video conferences with Global Internal Audit Headquarters in Japan.
- Report on the status of the audit cycle.
- Report on the progress of remediation plans
- Clearly identify and understand the objectives, goals, intentions and task assignments. Make sure that these are clearly communicated and understood to all parties.
- If there are conflicts or inconsistencies, adjust to maximize the output to achieve the goal.
- Provide the necessary support to others to achieve the goal.
- Can understand and explain the risks and controls of various business processes.
Can communicate as below:
- Ask questions that identify problems and causes.
- Explain in clear and concise manner to counterparties.
- Explain to counterparties’ satisfaction and understanding.
- Provide consulting services to the management and staff on compliance and risk.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with the Management and colleagues.
- Perform related work as assigned by the clients Internal Audit management.
Required education and qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent.
- IIA qualification is an advantage
Required specific knowledge, skills and experience
- Previous auditing experience
- Maintain and professional ethical standards and completes internal audit work in compliance with the clients Principles and the IIA’s Code of Ethics: https://www.iia.org.uk/resources/ippf/code-of-ethics/
- Work with integrity, discipline and objectivity
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Ability to think objectively and demonstrate sound judgement
- Able and keen to travel frequently to the foreign locations, at least for one week a month.
- Experience in a manufacturing company and manufacturing cost analysis is an advantage.
- Excellent English and report writing skills
- Experience of JD Edwards, or similar ERP system
- Work experience in a multi-national and multicultural, result-oriented business environment
- Work from the European Headquarters in Hoofddorp, Netherlands
- The candidates must be eligible to work in Netherlands
- Contract: Perm
- Salary: 60k - 75k
+31 (0)6 11 29 53 02