The Position is a split between IT Support and Business IT Projects, 50% of this role is day to day IT Level 2 hands on support and 50% of the role is working on Supply chain IT support and smaller IT projects.
- Responsible for the desktop installation, repair and arranging warranty repair of desktops and distribution systems, generally referred to as Level 2 support.
- Responsible for or assisting with occasional IT projects onsite, these can be varied in scope and complexity though generally working within a larger group most of which will be working with other countries.
- Troubleshoots network problems when they relate to the network card or connection to the desktop.
- Responds to, updates and resolved trouble tickets on a priority basis. Moderate understanding of the general aspects of the job (i.e., familiarity with terminology and standard procedures). Basic understanding of content area of function.
- Follows defined procedures – global, regional and on-site
- Proposes and implements solutions to routine problems with direction from supervisor.
- Works with our Selected vendors when required to assign cases to their area of responsibility and expertise.
- Reports on activities regularly to supervisor in well-defined format. Gathers information and/or data independently using established and well defined procedures. Recommends actions to improve efficiency.
- Performs duties within agreed SLA’s
- Acquisition, installation, maintenance and use of desktop technology.
- Respond to cases in Assignment Groups of responsibility
- Recommends changes to methods and procedures where benefits are identified
- Interpolates from facts to understand root cause and resolve problems.
- Responsible for coordination IT projects on site
- Interact with internal and external customers (e.g. vendors)
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The role is aimed to cover the majority of IT ”On Site” support though can involve many varied IT projects or assisting departments and other Sites with their IT requirements.
- Some assistance can involve working outside of General IT support where required.
- A portion of the responsibilities is to become familiar with all of the departments requirements and assisting these departments to identify there IT needs to accomplish their objectives.
- +/- 3/5 years’ experience in IT support role.
- Post-secondary college (MBO)/ Bachelor, preferable IT or equivalent
- Fluency in English
- IT Project experience.
- Process improvement experience would be beneficial.
- General knowledge of computer networking – PC to network printer, server, etc.
- General knowledge of computer hardware – PC, Monitor, Printers
- General knowledge of mobile technology – cell phones, iPhones
+31 (0)6 212 753 53