When you join our client you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
- As a Product Support Specialist, you provide product related support for products our client sells and services by answering customer technical enquiries. Enquiries may be received via telephone, or email.
- You act as a conduit for finding an answer for the customer, building trust in the business unit and therefore improving the likelihood for purchasing from us. You work in a small team of Product Support Specialists, closely collaborating on tackling all those challenges.
- The Product Support Specialist reports to the Customer Service Supervisor.
- Proactively develops specialist knowledge of your primary and secondary business units through regular interaction with stakeholder departments and suppliers. In addition, possess a good understanding of other technical support business units to provide support to areas outside of your specialization.
- Provide customers clear and timely product support including requests for documents, such as MSDS and COAs as required, through all relevant channels such as phone, e-mail and fax
- Track product related issues in accordance with agreed internal guidelines, escalating on-going complaints to the Customer Service Supervisor – Product Support.
- Accurately record pertinent information gathered from suppliers & customers in Product Support access database.
- Support and provide product training for internal colleagues, take part in training for new products
- Ensure the right technical documentation is provided to customers to agreed SLAs
- Takes responsibility for customer follow-up & communication
- Owns customer issues and works with a wide range of stakeholders to solve them
- Strives to exceed set SLA’s and Individual/Department/Company KPI’s
- Empowered to resolve complex or difficult customer queries seeking support & clarification where appropriate and to make decisions on behalf of the customer
- Handles all queries within the established best practice guidelines.
- Providing a high and efficient level of customer service
- Works collaboratively with all internal stakeholders to deliver customer centric solutions
- Is a customer advocate, passionately supporting their needs and ensuring their views and concerns are captured, resolved and escalated
- Strives to continuously improve the processes they work with as well as how they deliver service to the customers, using defined company methodology
- Effectively plans and prioritises workload on a daily basis to avoid backlogs, ensuring their Supervisor is made aware if any challenges arise
- In addition, as and when required:
- Prepares competitive one off and annual quotes, using company standard discount terms as a minimum and discount guidelines provided
- May also be involved in the support of RFQs and RFP preparation as and when required, specifically x-referencing and referencing activity
- Liaise with Field Sales where appropriate to understand customer requirements regarding pricing, turnaround times and the potential of the account. Always ensuring we are working to the customer’s expectations and deadlines if different from the departments
- Ensure all quotes are accurate prior to sending to the customer or uploading on to electronic platforms
- Handles and responds to all types of customer service issues, orders and general enquiries through a variety of channels – including phone, e-mail, fax and web
- Participate in the departmental training plan and commit to a focus on continuous personal improvement
- Is proactive in presenting solutions, not just problems to others
- Exercises good judgment that benefits the business/customer when reaching conclusions
- Constantly looks for opportunities to prevent problems, not just react to them
+31(0)6 21 27 53 53