For our client, who is a top ten global supplier of transport and logistics services we are looking for a Safety Officer in Amsterdam.
Your primary purpose is to provide a competent and practical advice to the local site management to improve the performance of safety and health on the site. You will ensure all company systems, procedures and policies are complied with.
In order to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all employees and others to whom the company has a duty of care, you shall aim to protect, as far as is reasonably practicable, the company from enforcement action by the authorities under all relevant Safety and Health legislation.
Also you will take the lead and support the site’s Safety Culture Development Program (Road to Zero).
Other tasks and responsibilities:
- Understand and maintain all recordkeeping requirements corporate and legal)
- Develop and maintain the Risk Register and Assessments per sites activities
- Develop key Safety Standard Work Instructions
- Coordinating and performing training (in all SH&E areas)
- Create and implement local SH&E improvement programs
- Managing safety data sheets and the dangerous goods requirements on site
- Manage and coordinate the MHE program on site
- Participate in and lead emergency responses
- Coordinate local safety team/committee and address employee SH&E concerns
- Manage and drive the safety cultural improvements for the location(s) in line with corporate requirements and coordinate and drive the Behavioral Based Safety Program
- Understand and prepare site safety reports, metrics & KPIs
- Perform sampling and monitoring
- Manage contractor controls on site and issue permits as required
- Qualification in Safety (preferably a degree in occupational safety and health from an accredited college or university).
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2-3 years’ experience in logistics/warehousing or similar environment.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable government regulations;
- Previous experience of working within a strong Safety and Security culture;
- Capable of managing multiple projects and tasks;
- Demonstrates effective communication skills;
- Has strong training and interpersonal skills;
- Exhibits positivity, passion, integrity, and responsibility;
- Licensed to drive a car in Europe;
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Competitive salary
- A dynamic organization, in which your opinion and development matters
- Opportunity to direct your own success and support from us to develop yourself
- A new challenge in a entrepreneurial, open and information organization
- A pleasant work environment with good colleagues
+31 (0)6 11 29 53 02