For one of our international clients with offices and plants in more than 60 countries around the globe. We are searching for S&OP Manager/Senior Master Planner who speaks Dutch and English (another language will be a plus).
The purpose of the job is to coordinate and align the planning within the integrated supply chain process in terms of structure, processes, procedures and performance measurements that supports our client in its ambition to further optimize revenues and bottom line P&L results. This specifically in the area of balancing product supply and product demand (forecast).
As Senior Master Planner you are responsible for the planning processes for the European Supply Chain with a 3 to 24 months horizon. Besides the facilitation & development of the European Supply Review & Site Capability Meetings of all European plant sites it’s important to manage stakeholders in other regions/business functions. Based on the supply plan for the next 24 months you will functionally manage the master planners for plant powder, butter & liquor and manage Supply Chain projects for the projected expansion in Europe. You will operate with little supervision and will have to make calculated decisions based on a comprehensive understanding of supply chain planning practices and procedures.
- To ensure a timely and correct Supply and Capacity Planning (iBP) for the medium (3-12 months) and long (12-24 months) term of plant products in Europe:
- Validate the Customer Demand by looking at history / trends (statistical forecasting) and help improving by giving advice to the commercial teams
- Use complex quantitative & financial scenario analysis and take trends in to account
- Regular meetings to review overall planning execution performance, determine game plans and follow-up timely, correct, complete and quality execution of these plans
- Coordinate and monitor the Capacity Planning (plant capacities, capabilities and downtime coordination / inventory mgt)
- Coordinate and monitor the liquor supply to the plant & plant sites.
- Where possible further integrate the complete Supply Chain (up- & downstream).
- Determine Supply Network plan within total complex considering the above and balance these off, including financial impact
- Ensure demand and supply within any time-period within the scope of this position is balanced across the available and capable assets
- Ensure the capacity plan is guaranteed by the operations (OPS) job-family
- Discuss, decide champion allocation-plan with relevant stakeholders
- Decide on need for external sourcing of production capacity, warehousing, and/or back-up from other plants in the network (e.g. during down times)
- Pro-actively determine cost/value impact of several future scenarios and impact to bottom-line P&L and help the organization to decide the most beneficial scenario
- Have a mindset of continuous improvement by more forward looking and evaluating current practices
- Actively lead projects that will lead to improvement of capabilities and/or capacities in the network of the plants
- For those projects where this position holder takes the lead; write project charter, get it approved by sponsor and actively run project according to the agreed timeline and following the steps in the corporate-wide stage gate process of PPM
- For those projects where this position holder is the sponsor or the SME; actively work together with the project lead for successful, timely and quality execution and follow-through of the project as agreed and outlined in the project charter
- Actively participate in identifying opportunities to increase capabilities and/or capacities and/or other needs within the integrated supply chain process to fulfill current and future demand in the marketplace, in line with the strategy of the BU.
- Identify short- and medium-term need of capacities and/or capabilities in OPS, based on short and medium demand from the various customers in all product-lines
- Determine “close-the-gap actions”, priorities and future opportunities.
- Stay close to project portfolio (both HPI and DNPSS) and make sure to have timely involvement where applicable (active collaboration with Sales and PLM)
- Initiate and coordinate/implement new ideas which result in value creation or cost savings
- To functionally manage (coach, mentor, train and help) master planners in execution of their day-to-day work
- Determine the strategy based on the iBP plan and support the master planners to make this executable in their short to mid (0-3 months) term plans
- Coach the master planners on the development of their planning tools & processes
- Being a sound board for, and input provider to PLM’s, Supply Chain Execution Leads, Trading, Sales, Operations and Finance.
- Form a ‘tandem’ with the plant PLM department to monitor and improve the profitability of a product line or network.
- Connect the different departments in order to find the optimal capacity spread over the different plants in Europe
- Systems / Data Management, Reporting & Analysis
- Responsible for developing and implementing tools/systems that supports Supply Chain Planning
- Responsible for several reporting’s and analytics related to demand, capacity and supply planning / inventory mgt
- Check data, approve results and report to operational mgt team (SCLT) and relevant colleagues within the BU (e.g. finance, hedging, trade, etc.); including MP KPI’s
- Actively prepare, participate in and coordinate S&OP meetings
- Master’s degree in a relevant area, such as Logistics & Operations Management, Supply Chain Management or equivalent relevant work experience;
- Approximately 6-8 years of working experience in a similar planning- or other relevant supply chain function, preferably in a combined trading/ processing environment.
- Good understanding of supply chain planning practices/procedures and logistics processes
- Proven track record in delivering improvements in the area of SC Planning (e.g. cost savings, service improvement, additional revenue creation)
- Experience with Sales & Operations Planning / Integrated Business Planning
- Preferably experience with working in a large (matrix) organization
- Experience in setting up system enabled solutions
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- Experience and proven track record in Supply Chain Planning / Master Planning
- Experience in project management
- Understanding of Production control systems
- Hands-on problem solver with “can-do” mentality
- Analytically strong, good with numbers and highly complex calculations
- Advanced understanding of tools & systems supporting production planning processes
- PC literate (e.g. MS Office Suite) and advanced Excel skills
- Good understanding of plant production processes
- Good understanding of product applications at customers
- Salary indication max €85k per year
- 13th month
- 25 leave days + 11 ADV
- Opportunity to work in one of the most solid companies in the world
- Are you looking for a challenge and have the ambition to work in an organization with great colleagues and opportunities to develop yourself? Then this is your chance!
+31 (0)6 46 83 97 01