For our client, an international manufacturer of driver information displays we are looking for a hands on supply chain manager. You support the business and manufacturing strategy by developing and managing stable and cost effective supply chains to our European customer base.
The Manager Supply Chain is the organizations ambassador for all logistic and supply chain aspects. Together with his team the Manager Supply Chain builds and maintains long lasting relationships with the assigned customers, focused on continuous improvements and prevention of unbudgeted costs. SCM provides logistic support through the lifetime of each project, from quotation stage until end of production, in close cooperation with the customer and with all involved departments.
- To adopt, translate the company mission, vision and goals to the designated area and set tangible goals for performance review and resulting follow up actions.
- To prepare, maintain and review FY budget and realization for the designated area.
- To lead, engage, attract and develop talented people to ensure delivery of required results.
- To run available people processes to ensure a compliant, safe, healthy, and stimulating working environment.
- To initiate, manage and decide on effective and efficient working practices in order to develop the department in all aspects in achieving customer satisfaction by delivering quality product solutions and / or (supporting) services.
- Designing new supply chains and continuous improvement of existing supply chains: supporting RfQ activities, improving service levels and related service level agreements, avoiding exceptions and driving cost reductions for the complete Group supply chains (up to component suppliers). Identify risks and minimize these risks. Assure logistic deliverables during new product introductions (such as warehouse locations, EDI systems, freight insurance and packaging solutions) are available in time, in accordance with customer requirements and expectations
- Owner of the business process for purchasing and supply (and inventory management?). Coordination with other Group companies. Monitoring process performance. Continuous improvements. Assure compliance with quality standards, rules and regulations
- Contribute to change management and continuous improvement of EDI systems for the supply chain. Support change management and continuous improvement of IT and ERP systems.
- Maintain a network of software service providers for planning (inventory management, forecasting, S&OP). Continuous improvement of service levels and related service level agreements.
- Supply Chain planning: from the manufacturing sites up to the customer and supplying parts to the customers. From ramp–up until run–out and end–of–life. Global capacity management. First point of contact in case of escalation of customer logistic issues. Ensure customs compliance. Inventory management.
- Supply chain management experience with additional qualifications (HBO+)
- Several years of experience in a team leading position
- Distribution of discrete products in high volumes
- Business Systems for Supply Chain Management Process
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Problem solving, including root cause analysis and corrective action (PDCA)
- Customer focussed
- Hands on
- strong coaching and people management skills
- Result oriented
- Fulltime position (40 hours per week)
- Salary 70 - 80 K per year
- Directly available
+31(0)6 46 83 97 00