For our client we are currently looking for a Technial Support Analyst ( or Service Desk Analyst) for a temporary position, till the end of this year. The client is an international Automotive importer. This position will act as the first line of support with regards to the IT needs of the client (JVNL) user population and the challenges they encounter in operating its activities.This position will act as the first line of support with regards to the IT needs of the client (JVNL) user population and the challenges they encounter in operating its activities.
Main responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- 3Telephone support on IT related enquiries, from JVNL’s Rotterdam users, field staff, dealers
- Primary support for field based laptop users
- Desk Side support for internal users and field staff using GLPI, SDI and JIRA.
- Managing problems reported to the service desk to a satisfactory conclusion
- Logging and managing problems with the French support teams through SDI and JIRA
- Liaising with support teams in France and with external suppliers
- Installing PSAV3 approved software on laptops and desktops
- Installing additional hardware and managing the moves of hardware when requested
- Monitor network performance making recommendations on improving the service in consultation with support teams based in France and Amsterdam
- User education and training
- Technical support documentation and the creation of procedures
- Out of hours system maintenance and check-list control (5 days a week and 1 control at weekend)
- Control projects within their own area of expertise, ensuring others are clear about tasks and timescales involved
- Participate in department wide projects
- Contributes to decisions involving changes to infrastructure
- Management of assets at the disposal of Users, Field managers and suppliers (where applicable)
- Reporting: Create reporting for follow-up of local IT services KPI (e.g. GLPI statistics, JIRA dashboards, Availability of applications)
- University: Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or Economics. Bachelor level or equivalent.
- Languages: English and preferably Dutch. The ability to speak French will be an advantage but is not a pre-requisite for the position.
- Proficient with Windows 7 , Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016. MS Office; Excel, PowerPoint and Word is also essential.
- Good understanding of Client Services coupled with an excellent telephone manner is essential.
- Execution oriented with strong attention to detail.
- The ability to manage changing tasks, prioritise workload, quickly diagnose the root cause of problems and then resolve these problems is essential.
- Good analytical skills coupled with the ability to work under pressure is essential (critical thinking skills).
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and take ownership of various parts of a project or initiative.
- A minimum of 1 year professional experience in IT Services, Consultancy or Audit.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in supporting or problem solving for Microsoft workstations and servers in a demanding environment (university and/or corporate).
- Experience in supporting a corporate WAN/LAN environment would be advantageous.
- Full time position (based in Amsterdam and Rotterdam)
- Salary 2500 - 3500 gross per month
+31 (0)6 11 29 53 02